Jane Cohen Rubin graduated from Columbia University with visual art and academic honors.
• Jane Cohen Rubin was the only undergraduate artist who was invited to participate in Columbia's Master of Fine Arts Life Drawing Seminar.
• Jane Rubin's senior thesis show of paintings and drawings was awarded — "pass with distinction."
• While she was still a Columbia undergraduate — at age 20 — Jane Rubin was invited to have a solo show of her paintings and drawings in The James Chapel at Union Theological Seminary.
• In addition to her visual art major — Jane Rubin's primary academic foci were — structuralism and semiotics — psychoanalysis — and modernist art and literature.
• Jane Cohen Rubin's senior thesis dealt with — Willem de Kooning's paintings and drawings.
• Independently — during the early to mid 1980s — Jane Cohen Rubin also self-taught in the areas of Lacanian psychoanalytic theory — and post-structuralist and post-modern cultural and political theory. Jaques Lacan's — Michel Foucault's — and Jean Baudrillard's — perceptions — were interests of Jane Cohen Rubin — in early adulthood.
I am currently fine tuning this website — Everything will be perfectly polished — This is custom design and development.